Work, Work, Repeat...

Another day of work (I'm working an 8-day stretch), but today I enjoyed the greatest peach I've ever had - we've got some local peaches in at work and they are delicious and some are as big as my face (no joke).

Joj and the Giant Peach.
(Okay, so mine wasn't that giant, but it's pea-sized compared to some of the other ones.)

I spent most of the day at a desk hanging out with Excel, and I must say... I don't know how y'all do it. I got sleepy, bored, cold, claustrophobic, desperate for human interaction, and overwhelmed all at once.

Maybe it's because the office I was in doesn't have any windows. Or plants. Or a candy bowl. 

It was torture.

Luckily, time goes on regardless and I eventually freed myself from the confines of those four walls and met my family for dinner at a new WTSM Chinese Restaurant.

Disturbing, yes. #asiansdon'tcare

Cousins being jazzed about being on the blog.

We saw a Sweet Frog in the shopping center on the way in, so I dragged everyone there and gave my aunt and Stella the ol' 1-2 on how to SweetFrog like a pro since they were first timers...

The aunt eating the rainbow! 
She got the taro, peach, mango, and strawberry.

Livia has perfected the pumped-for-Sweet Frog face.
You can't fake this kind of happiness.

Then, after dinner and the greatest dessert ever, I finished up the last of the biggest gnocchi-making project ever. It's almost 2 AM, and I've seriously been gnocchi-ing for a cumulative ten hours this week. 

But, as always, these little nuggets are worth the blood, sweat, tears, and time. 

I've got plenty freezing away now and a giant batch set aside for tomorrow when the cousins come over for dinner. 

Consider it a downside to the gnocchi making - if you make it, they will come (they, as in, everyone). If you ever make it, tell no one. Keep every last precious nugg to yourself.

(Or, if you're in to repetitive and mindless tasks like I am, then THIS is the perfect project for you. I could make this stuff all day every day.)

Comments

Leslie said…
Sweet Frog should probably pay you.
Joann said…
They really should. I would even take free Sweet Frog for life. I think it's a pretty fair trade.

I LOVE SWEET FROOOOOOOG.

Popular Posts