Old Tricks

Yerin came over to play some tennis yesterday after work, which then led to a trip to Sheetz... the usual.

Garlic Fryz on top of a hot dog loaded with sauerkraut? If this isn't rock bottom, I don't know what is. 

I didn't feel so bad about the garlic fryz and hot dog since I was able to fit in a 70 minute run before the tennis match (which I obviously lost). A long run followed by over an hour of tennis proved to be a really stupid idea. My legs are super sore, which is awesome and not a big deal at all, but more importantly my right foot is in pain.

I thought it would be fine by morning, but it wasn't. Hopefully things will look better tomorrow. If not, it's off to the podiatrist I go!

I spent the rest of my day couch-ridden, which wasn't completely torture because the April issue of Bon Appetit came in the mail!

I mean...

And when I can't have whatever I want in a snap, I reach around in the fridge for the next best thing:


I came out with leftover bread from the other day, toasted and smothered in goat cheese and roasted peppers. Sadly, this was the last of the bread, but that only means I get to try making another loaf with different flavor combinations(!).

For now, it's off to bed. Must be at work at 5 tomorrow morning! :|

Comments

Leslie said…
Goat cheese and few-day-old bread is delish. Also delish with parboiled edamame and cayenne pepper. Why didn't I find goat cheese earlier in my life?!
Joann said…
OMG. That sounds DELICIOUS. I agree completely, I didn't fall in love with goat cheese until this year and now I can't imagine my life without it. All that time... wasted.

And don't even GET me started on Taleggio. SO GOOD.

Popular Posts