Applesauce!

I'm a little late to the party, but homemade applesauce has become a staple in my house lately! 

One of my loose resolutions this year is to work on my food-hoarding, so naturally I had a dozen or so apples that needed attention - an assortment of Empire and Fuji, but you can use whichever variety you like!

I use my crockpot because weekends are usually cleaning days for me, so it works while I work - and about 6 hours later, I reap the benefits.

Photo of me reaping the benefits.

I don't add any extra sweetner to mine because I think it's sweet enough, just a dash of cinnamon, but my coworker does a combination of apple and pear, a pinch of clove and maple syrup and that combination is delicious as well!

You Will Need:

8 apples, peeled, cored and barely chopped
1/4 cup water
pinch of cinnamon

In a crockpot, add your apples and your 1/4 cup of water. Set to low for 6 hours. Add cinnamon once done and break down the apples with a fork or a spoon. 

If you want, you can also put the cooled mixture into a blender for a smoother consistency, but I prefer the more rustic texture.

That's it!

No lie, this hasn't really helped with my food hoarding, it's only caused me to continuously buy bags upon bags of apple varieties for applesauce experiments... eh, there's always next year.

Comments

Popular Posts