On 2017

The year is winding down and what a year it's been! We're just wrapping up a holiday season of hosting here at the B&B and I'm oh-so-grateful to be able to write that sentence!

To recap 2016, I bought my 2016 house (holla at a house number I won't easily forget) and we opened a store in Cville and I made many a friend in the process. I am quickly discovering how one can fall in love with this town.

Thanksgiving 2k16 at the B&B was met with your holiday favorites. This year has definitely been the year of charcuterie for me. Can't get enough of some 18-month gouda! My mom was visiting the motherland, so my aunts came down to Cville for the occasion.

Brunch on Christmas Day is definitely worth repeating before the year is up! I gifted myself Chrissy Teigen's cookbook - Cravings for Christmas and am excited to cook my way through it! Her baked garlicky bacon is a winner! I did my own version of a soft-scrambled egg and roasted tomatoes and of course, my fave sweet potato hash.

The holiday wasn't all sunshine and rainbows though, I was surrounded and attacked by the Asian Invasion this past weekend with some pretty aggressive goals for 2017. I was essentially told I need to either no longer be single or produce a child by the end of the year. Apparently cats don't count. Ain't nobody got time for that. I just want to get this down in writing so that when we're looking back in December 2017, I have evidence stating that I will not be making strides towards that goal. Instead, my goal this year will be to go on more trips and to get cracking on my edible landscaping project for the front/back yard. It's gonna be a busy year!

Planning with my seed catalog from Baker Creek Seeds! Looking to get down with some heirloom beans this year.

Hope you guys have a great holiday!

Comments

Popular Posts