It's That Time Again!

Erin Condren's new line of planners has two new layouts - a vertical and horizontal. BE still my heart. I know you guys feel the same way.


I got my first EC planner last year and it has been glued to me ever since. I prefer the vertical layout because I'm totes a To-Do List type, but I am tempted to try out the horizontal this year (because it's lined!). I use my planner daily as almost a to-do list/scrapbook. It's cool being able to flip back through it and remember fun trips or outings (and to be able to see everything I've gotten crossed off my lists)!

Looking back on when I got food poisoning in Thailand... le sigh... such fond memories...

I won't go into too much detail, because that's a whole new level of crazy y'all aren't quite ready for yet... just know that there are people out there that stay up all night watching Erin Condren videos on youtube and comb etsy for custom stickers... 

But if you're trying to get your feet wet, here are my recommendations:

PENS. If you're anything like me, you wouldn't dare touch the surface of your brand new planner without a solid pen plan. My personal favorite are from Muji - I discovered this shop while in Hong Kong and they are a stationary dreeeeam.

I love love LOVE these gel pens - they come in a 12 pack for your convenience, or you order them individually in 0.38 mm, 0.5 mm, or 0.7 mm sizes. 

I'm a huge fan of these mini paper tabs as well - a great way to mark your place. The planners come with a notes section in the back, which I divide into addresses, recipes I want to try, and weddings I'm doing, so it's a quick way to reference that page - and disposable too!

And last, but most certainly not least... what kind of scrapbooker/planner aficionado would you be without this in your tool belt? Magic scissors. No joke. They are sticker-resistant, so your days of junking up your kitchen shears and kid sister's fiskars are over! BRING ON THE WASHI TAPE!!!

If you're ready to take the dive, I'd say go for it. I have gotten a gajillion complements on my planner and it's such a great way to get and stay organized! I've seen people use theirs for work, play, meal planning, workouts, budgeting... I haven't had to clear out a designated spot each week for dates, but 2016 is a new year. (Ha.)

The covers are interchangeable and customizable, so you can definitely find one that suits your style! I love the size - not too big and not too small. It definitely hasn't been a huge hassle for me to have to tote around every day.

I pick up odds and ends as far as stickers from Target mostly. Washi Tapes I get from Michael's and only with a coupon. I'm not sure why anyone buys anything full price from that place.

And that is about all I need to make it through. I printed off some photos to sprinkle throughout the week, but I like to keep my planner relatively empty because I do tend to fill it up with tasks as the week scoots along.

So you're ready for one of your own? Click HERE for a link to register and get $10 off your first purchase! 

This is the design I'll be getting this year! So pumped!


Happy Planning!

Comments

Jess S. said…
This is intense.
Joann said…
Intense is putting it mildly. #imhavingissues

Popular Posts