Recovery Week

One day I'll tell you about my two-ish weeks abroad in the motherland. Not today though. 

I'm still not mentally/physically recovered from it all and it seems far easier and more interesting to write about pancetta and eggs... because pancetta and eggs.

These have been nursing me back to health and most importantly - are quick to throw together when you're up in the middle of the night with a serious case of hanger. 

I brown pancetta in a pan, then scoop them off to the side. Crack an egg on top of the leftover grease (it's not a lot), top with salt and pepper, and sprinkle the pancetta on top of the egg. Cover the pan with a lid or plate and cook until egg white is cooked through but yolk is still super yolky and yummy. 

I topped a slice of toast with avocado and threw my super-egg on top.

And have also done it on a croissant sans avocado but with cilantro.

Easy.

This week I also checked out Family Meal at their new location in Ashburn!

Janet and I got seats ring-side and got to chat it up with/stare at the chefs all night - the best seats in any restaurant!

Chicken Pot Pie Fritters! These things hold an entire universe of creamy chicken, peas and carrots inside. They are divine.

Their fried chicken comes with the greatest cheese and scallion biscuit. And it's awesome cold and leftover the next morning too. :)

And it may seem like I'm eating like a bear that's fallen in Taco Bell dumpster, but when I'm not eating all fried everything, I'm actually eating pounds upon pounds of carrots, cucumbers, and field greens. But produce isn't as sexy to blog about. This post-vacation detox is saving my life though. 

Long live green juice!

(And fried chicken.)

Comments

Popular Posts