Double-ish Chocolate Cookies

These cookies are absolutely for the choc-o-late lover - and the perfect recipe for Valentine's Day! :) I'd have these cookies over a box of chocolate any day!


Double-ish Chocolate Cookies

You Will Need:
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups flour
2/3 cup cocoa
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cup chocolate chips

Beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and continue beating until fluffy.

In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. 

Add dry ingredients to mixer slowly, beating until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips (I usually do this part by hand) and drop onto cookie sheet in about 1 tablespoon-sized balls.

Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.*

*I bake them for exactly ten minutes because I like them nice and undercooked in the middle. Yum Yum. I also don't press the cookies down very much, which also helps. For crispier cookies, flatten the cookies before you bake and bake them in that 11-12 minute range. Oh, and then remove me from your life because there's a time and a place for crispy cookies and this is not it.

(I only call these "double-ish" chocolate cookies because I used a combination of semi-sweet and bittersweet chocolate chips and two types of cocoa - half raw cacao and half dark cocoa, so really I guess if we're counting it would be a four-fer. Haha, but that is just a mess of a word to say.) 

I had the day off today to join Janet for a tasting for her wedding!

Um, bite-sized chicken and waffles? Genius.

And this dish was gorgeous and tasty! I'm going to have to figure out how to recreate it - pork tenderloin with mango salsa and sweet potato ribbons. Yum yum!

I hope everyone has a great weekend! I've never been a huge subscriber to Valentine's Day, but this year I plan on having a pretty wonderful one! A Gal-entine's Weekend of amazingness - kicking off with a pizza/pajama party/sleepover on Saturday night and rolling on into a dinner galentine's date with Janet on Sunday!

Girls Rule, Boys Drool.

Comments

Popular Posts