Sweet Raleigh Gray

Oh, my heart.


They say you don't know a love quite like the love you've got for your child and this little girl just busted into a whole chamber of my heart I didn't even know existed. 

To clarify, she isn't technically mine, but she might as well be. I love that little bugger so much and feel 1,000% responsible for her well-being and introduction to all the important things of the world. I mean, that's technically an Auntie's job, non?

So on Saturday morning, just as I was wrapping up my Key Lime Meringue post, Meagan texted me with news baby was coming! So I literally shoved a toothbrush and a bag of pretzels in my gym bag (luckily my car is always stocked with at least 5 pairs of shoes, a yoga mat, and a basketball for emergencies) and headed to North Carolina!

Unfortunately little Miss Raleigh was on her own schedule and couldn't wait for me to get there, but she's forgiven. I got to meet her a few hours later. :)

Four hours old!

Sure, she hasn't done much so far, but what she has done she's awesome at - I hope one day she looks back on this and is completely embarrassed by it, but she's a fantastic pooper and loves being wrapped up into a human burrito (I believe the technical term is called swaddling, but burritos are way cooler). Couldn't be prouder. :)

Prying myself was rough, not going to lie - and I'm not sure Meagan's even had much of a chance to hold her, but I think that's normal right?

Oooh, she's just so wonderful. :)

I'm going back the weekend after next to spend every waking moment with her (and I'm sure wake up some moments to be with her) and I've got an agenda - teach her how to use chopsticks and how to make garbage plates. Should be a piece of cake. She's a genius.

Welcome to the world you sweet, sweet thing.

Comments

Popular Posts