A Sick Nasty Sunday

Do you know NASA pays people to lay in bed

And I thought that it could absolutely be my calling in life, until I got sick this weekend and spent my entire Sunday in bed. I woke up, took a nap, ate triscuits in bed, then took another nap, watched two seasons of Bomb Girls, and I already can't take it. Although, the show is quite good and I've still got a season to go (but the night is still early and I just opened a brand new box of kleenex)... 

I can think of a million other things I should/could have been doing today, but I suppose you know you're getting old when you just can't soldier through a cold anymore. 

This recipe for fluffy pancakes couldn't come soon enough - I never want chicken soup when I'm sick, only pancakes. So I did make up some chocolate chip pancakes (the recipe is easy enough to whip up even in a zombie-like state). 

I mean, sure I'm a handful of classes shy of being a doctor (aren't we all), but I'm fairly certain milk cancels out sugar and sugar cures nearly every ailment, so I expect to be in tip top shape in no time. 

I've taken a whooping 518 steps today and been riding a carb/sugar train all day. 

My trainer will be so proud. But hey, pulling the sick day card has to have some perks, non?

Comments

Leslie said…
I love Bomb Girls and I love choc chip pancakes. I was making these protein pancakes for a while EVERY WEEKEND and adding choc chips, but I mistakenly re-ordered chocolate protein instead of vanilla and it's RUINED the recipe. So I can't make them again until I get vanilla protein back. ANYWAY, if you want trainer-approved pancake: http://paleomg.com/3-ingredient-simple-protein-pancakes/
(Ignore the "paleo" part. Who cares about paleo? Not me.)

Popular Posts