IT'S SO FLUFFYYY

Typically this time of year I don't come up for air until after the new year, so I take extra long procrastinating because sometimes you just have to take a few hours to eat breakfast before you tackle your monstrous to-do list. 

(I'm doing the math in my head on how much time is wasted doing this and I think the impact is minimal.)

The good news is, this recipe for SUPER fluffy pancakes takes no more than a handful of Mississippi's to pull together - but I can't be responsible for how much time it takes you to eat them.

I've never been a sweet breakfast person - I maybe have pancakes once a year, but no longer! Now I totally get it. Pancakes are AWESOME. These pancakes are especially awesome! So fluffy you'll want to sleep on them. So fluffy you'll wonder how mixing some things into a bowl and cooking it could yield such a wonderful combination of taste, smell, texture, and tears (of happiness - because you'll taste that too).

This recipe will make about 6 pancakes - so double, triple, quadruple, amillion-uple it as needed.

You Will Need:
3/4 cup milk
2 Tablespoons white vinegar
1 cup all purpose flour
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
cooking spray

Combine milk and vinegar and set aside for a few minutes.

Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. 

Whisk egg and butter into the milk mixture. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture, whisking until lumps are gone.

Heat a skilled over medium heat, coat with cooking spray and pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter into the skillet, cook until bubbles appear on surface. Flip and cook until browned on the other side. 

My little book o' recipes has been filling up quickly recently - it's almost time to get another!

Hope you have a great weekend! I'm off - to go lay in bed for a few hours before I tackle this list of mine...

Comments

Popular Posts