Savannah!!!

If y'all were expecting an all out best-of-Savannah post, you better go right back from where you came! Since touching down in this wonderful city, I've only seen the grocery store and the cottage we're staying in. It has been full-blown relaxation to the maxation mode!

Jules and I are staying at Little Pearl, a gorgeous cottage on Tybee Island, thanks to the hard work of our former coworker and her husband. The house is gorgeous and has a pool, so I mean... I may never see Savannah.

Our (ridiculously) cool rental car. So our first stop was the grocery store to pick up some snacks and when we got in we realized we didn't know how to start the car (Keyless? What is this crap?) so we youtubed it. Haha it was pretty embarrassing, but I guess the alternative was spending the weekend in a parking lot in Savannah. Survival skill attained.

With groceries in hand, we headed to the cottage, about 40 minutes away from the airport... 

Cuteness! White picket fence and all!

All I want to do this weekend is pool it up, sleep, read books, and eat! (And blog!)

Breakfast by the pool! Which is a good call - because sometimes you just don't want to walk that half mile to get to the beach... This life is RIDICULOUS. I can't leave.

We were in the pool earlier and thought a bird had fallen in the pool, but nope. It was a monster cicada. The bugs are no joke down here!

And at night (and sometimes various times throughout the day because vacation life can just be soooo draining), I crawl into the fluffiest bed of my dreams.

In summary, after scoping out some real estate in the area I'm seriously considering a piece of this life and hopefully Alma and her husband will be down with another home renovation project:

In northern Virginia speak, this house is basically free.

Comments

Popular Posts