Savannah Society

Alright alright, so we did eventually leave the cottage and ventured into the city to do some sightseeing and meet up with our hosts for dinner and a tour of their gorgeous new home in Savannah!

Tell me that's not the most beautifully fried egg you've ever seen!

We had dinner at The Public Kitchen and Bar - I had a refreshing ginger and gin cocktail with a bison burger and Jules got the shrimp and grits she had been on the lookout for.

Now that is a plate of shrimp and grits!

After dinner we went to Lulu's - a chocolate bar (!) for dessert!

I tried sipping chocolate for the first time and I cannot mush together enough adjectives to describe the deliciousness of this thing. I declare officially on this blog that if I could only have chocolate in one way, shape, or form for the rest of my life, it would be this way. This little cup of liquid gold is reason enough to make the trip to Savannah!

Oh, and because I'm not a quitter I got a triple chocolate mousse dessert too. Ballers gonna ball. Ballers also gonna pay for it when they meet up with their trainer after this vacation. :(

It was Alma's birthday so we had stopped by Carolina Cupcakes to pick up some birthday treats to celebrate!
We know cupcakes and these cupcakes are phenom! 

Saw Lady and Sons! We have yet to try it, but we'll see once the weekend traffic does down... You know how tourists can be! 

With the birthday girls! Thanks for welcoming us to your beautiful city Alma!

We'll definitely be going back to the historic district to check out Savannah Bee Company, The Paris Market, and some other yummy places before this trip is over! Yum yum!! 

Food cities are the BEST cities!

Comments

Leslie said…
I want that sipping chocolate right now.

Popular Posts