Blast From The Past!

This weekend we had another YaYa dinner with a guest appearance by Burgers! Missed that New York girl! 

Aside from missing her like crazy, it's just really freaking difficult to cook for three people without a ton of leftovers. I mean we've really had to cut back from three desserts (oh that time...) down to only one. Times are tough. :(

But we got over it...

We made a batch of pumpkin doughnuts for our dessert!

Classic cinnamon sugar!

And Lindsay and Lauren kicked them up a notch with a chocolate & pistachio treatment. Uhhhh. Whaaaat. 

And our little group of YaYas loooove a good cheese plate!

And Trader Joe's is our go-to for great cheese plate add-ons! I found these great new Fig & Olive Crisps and always keep some on hand for plattermergencies! Their cheese selection is also phenom!

And on my most recent trip to Savannah, I picked up a honeycomb from Savannah Bee Company that was a really nice and unique addition - the wax just melts in your mouth and their honey is the absolute best! Order their raw honeycomb HERE! (And make sure to remember these because they make great stocking stuffers for the food lover in your life!)

But the fun doesn't stop there!

Lindsay has changed the GAME by bringing these Warm Mixed Nuts with Rosemary and Shallots. The Board has ruled to always have these present at our monthly get togethers from here on out. Get the recipe HERE. I've never been a huge nut about nuts, but that's completely changed. I can't stay away from these! Make a batch and they're the perfect beer-after-work accompaniment!

Oh yeah, and we also had dinner... 

And dinner was definitely a group effort! Lindsay brought some gorgeous salmon from Fresh Market which she marinated in a great vinaigrette, Lauren made a yummy pear and mixed greens salad, and I seared off the salmon and some cherry tomatoes in my trusty skillet. 

There is nothing I love more than making and sharing food with friends!

Our October meal is something we're all super jazzed about - we're doing sliders! I finally get to make the Homemade Burger Buns I've been dying to try and we're doing a little slider theme! We each picked a country to draw inspiration from for our toppings, so we'll have Mexico, Greece, and India in the hooooouse! And for dessert - homemade oreos. :)

Hmm... my dreams of having a motorcycle club are pretty much out the window, but perhaps there's still hope for a dinner club....?

Comments

Unknown said…
I love the Savannah Bee Co. and I will be ordering some of that honeycomb!!

Popular Posts