Spending Cheese

Who says money can't buy happiness?? 

I mean, I'm a pretty happy person on the reg and I realize I don't need half of the things I've got to be happy... but I do love things. Things are kinda great...

With that said, I'm about to embark on a pretty massive spending spree. I suppose that's why I spend 40 hours a week drowning in work, so I don't feel too bad about it. 

(That's kind of a lie, I totally feel bad about it. I'm writing this post in hopes that you will justify all of this spending and I will be able to sleep easier at night.)

I'm picking up a giant easel this weekend, a miter saw and a table saw and am finally getting down to business with creating a studio space in the garage! And anyone who knows painting/art in general knows that easels and saws lead to canvas and paints and all sorts of strange bottles of things that make you feel like a potion maker (ehem, I'm looking at you rabbit skin glue). In summary it all equals $$$. 

But, at the same time, I suppose these $$$ will eventually equal art too. So...

I'm sure there's a line, I just don't know where to draw it because having a TV and a futon and a kitchenette in the garage would be helpful... but I'm guessing that statement makes you really doubt my validity as an "artist." 

Trust me, I went to school for this. The only way to get any real work done in a studio setting is with a fully charged iPod stuffed with good songs and a tube of chocolate chip cookie dough (which would make a mini fridge absolutely necessary). 

Okay. At the end of this rant, I have come to the conclusion that I am an adult. I have no offspring, no mortgage, and I'm doing to do this.

I'm also going to buy a bike because I made the mistake of clicking on some kickstarter project and now I'm deeply invested in helping make this guy Dave's dreams come true. And I also want a bicycle because in my dreams where I play Zooey Deschanel, I'm riding a bicycle in a dress with a basket full of daisies and a cupcake for every stranger I pass on the street (and bangs don't look awkward on me). 

Decisions, decisions... I'm currently debating between the glossy white or the matte black... 

But definitely check out his kickstarter page - and don't say I didn't warn you! You may be walking away with a bike too, but it's cool. This is actually the type of bike I've been looking for for a long time - something low maintenance and with pedal brakes (holla third grade!). I've long given up on my dreams of starting a motorcycle club, but a bicycle pastry gang seems doable. 

Comments

Leslie said…
I had a bike in Germany that had 7 speeds, front handle brakes and back pedal brakes. It weighed a million pounds but I LOVED it. I fully support your bike purchase.
Joann said…
YESSSSSS. Glad to hear it! I hear this one's super lightweight, I'll have to bring it by so you an take a spin. But white... or black...? I'm leaning towards the black. I mean it iiiiis matte. #gangstar #seriouswheelsforseriousdeals
Leslie said…
Black. No question.

Popular Posts