Egg Cups

After my whole scene at the gym, I crawled back home and got ready for the work week and I must say I'll probably be making these egg cups every week! 

They're super easy, reheat well, and are a great way to use up any stragglers in your fridge - leftovers, random leaves of something, odds and ends from your garden/CSA box.

For 12 pucks I used a cupcake pan and sprayed them with non-stick spray, then piled them with whatever I had on hand:

In this batch I used canadian bacon, shallots, a green pepper, a poblano pepper (thanks Susie!), and two leaves of swiss chard.

Then beat your eggs - for 12 pucks you will need 8 eggs. I whisked mine and then added my spices - the usual salt, pepper and paprika. I definitely encourage you to use any spices you have on hand! Dill would be excellent!

Then pour the egg to cover your filling - it will take about 4 Tablespoons of egg to cover.

Alright! Then I just juj-ed them around to mix up the fillings and popped them into a 350 degree oven for 13-15 minutes, or until the centers are soft to the touch (not runny).

Boom. Then let them cool before packaging. I put them into zip locks in pairs and I like to eat them with a little hot sauce in the morning. They're like mini omelets (that come in at about 130 calories for two pucks) that only take a minute to heat up in the microwave!

Done and DONE!

Comments

Leslie said…
Delicioussssss! I bought some fake crab meat and was thinking of doing something like this. But I'm nervous about cooking fake crab. Probably irrationally nervous.
Joann said…
Girl. I'm LOVING the idea of the crab! I'd hit that up with some spinach and artichoke like it was going out of style! Or avocado and red peppers. Or Old Bay, corn and chorizo. OMG I need to make crabby cups.

Popular Posts