Everything Hurts

So Day One started like one might expect it to start... with a load of delicious food and then the day continued with more delicious food. It's just what you do here I suppose.

We went to breakfast this morning at Barista Parlor, a super phenom coffee shop/place of awesomeness that was recommended by Mrs. S. in East Nashville.

Yerinator and Pfeffer rocking out on the outdoor stage.

I got the most deeeelicious salted caramel and whiskey latte.

Pfeffer and I shared this Southern Frenchman - a combination of deliciousness, biscuit, egg, some sort of meat, powdered sugar, swiss cheese, and raspberry jam. What. Get outta here.

And then we shared these phenom.com peach waffles - I feel like there was some vanilla bean honey butter involved and powdered sugar and the beeest maple syrup.

Some gigantic scones at the counter that looked delicious (but ain't nobody had room for that!)

After breakfast, we went to lunch. Well, we made a pit stop first to get rid of that just-ate-breakfast-and-i'm-disgusting feeling.

We went to the Gaylord Opreyland Resort and roamed around in their awesome atrium. Waterfalls.

Banana trees. 

Look at this GIGANTIC Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree. I NEED THIS IN MY LIIIIIIIFE.

The luckiest koi fish in the entire world.

With enough of an appetite worked up, we decided to hit up Monell's, probably one of the coolest dining experiences ever. You get seated with strangers and are forced to communicate with them. We lucked out and got sat with some pretty awesome peeps and were pretty much BFF by the end of our 17 course meal. 

We were also really full and trying really hard to hold ourselves up at this point. 

The house is super cute.

After lunch/dinner/whatever that was, we were trying to get things moving along and we decided to stop by the flea market.

I don't know why Yerin's trying to eat Pfeffer.

Yerinator is currently subletting from a couple and they creepily left this not-so-subtle silencer on the headboard of the bed, so Pfeffer and I decided to test its effectiveness. Passes the test.

Speaking of that creepy headboard, it's nap time. Laters!

Comments

Leslie said…
Okay that towel silencer video just made me laugh in my office. That is kinda creepy. But it does seem really effected.

How do I get a salted caramel whiskey latte? I don't like flavors in my coffee, but I like the sound of THAT flavor!

Popular Posts