Feelings. Everywhere.

Biggest mistake I've made in perhaps my lifetime: buy Coldplay's new Ghost Stories album.


It's so beautiful, I cannot even handle it. For serious. I tend to err towards the dramatic anyway, but this has thrown me into a hole of feelings I didn't even know I was capable of feeling. I can't. EVEN.

I'm not even in a relationship, but I've been walking around the past two days just floating in a cloud of devastation (because this collection of gorgeous break up songs just make you feel like everything in it is happening to you). I feel you, Chris. I didn't even know it was possible to love so much. It's like Gwyneth is dumping both of us and crushing our hearts in her cold, boney bird hands. And yet, if she wanted us back, we'd go running back because we just love her that much.

Like all Coldplay albums, listening to it makes you feel like you're laying in a field underneath a gajillion stars.

Unlike all Coldplay albums, there's a sprinkle of weird-whale-like-noises in some of the songs, but it's a good distraction, even if for just a second, from the sadness you're feeling. Dory really lightens the mood.


I don't even know when to listen to it, so that's kind of a problem.

I tried listening to it before bed, but I was just super upset until I passed out.

I tried listening to it at the gym, but I just started crying on the elliptical.

I tried listening to it at work, but I was just super upsetting to be around.

It hurts. But it hurts so good.

So naturally, I want everyone around me to listen to it so we can all be super sad and appreciative of its artistry together. Mmkay?

Comments

Leslie said…
Okay we can get you through this. The important part is not to listen to the words. Just appreciate the whale sounds and tentative steps into "what the kids listen to" that Coldplay always take on every album. Try Coldplay in the car? Blasting with windows down? That's my favorite way to listen to Coldplay.
Joann said…
Eureka! It works! It does make me drift a little more than usual, but car coldplay is the best coldplay.

Popular Posts