(Another) Mary Wash Wedding!

It's remarkable that we're technically adults and have been for some time now…

We got tested this weekend at Jes and Evan's wedding and it went about as well as could be expected. We all got dolled up because the venue was super beautiful and respectable. But unfortunately, the suits and heels didn't give us super classy powers, so we held it together as long as we could, but lost it as soon as the baby grilled cheese and tomato soup shooters came out during cocktail hour. Then it was became a feeding frenzy. Which you would have totally fought your way through too if you had been there - there were baby BBQ sliders with potato chips in them. What?! I know. You really missed out.

I'm getting ahead of myself though… (Always.)

I got up Saturday morning and made my way to Leslie and Jes's place to get ready and be fed (because that's pretty much my goal when I'm going anywhere).

What I got was even more than I could have hoped for! They had everything and then some! Leslie whipped up a caprese egg-white omelet for me, then we noshed on biscuits, bacon, and a strawberry compote (!) while hems were sewn, hair was done, and faces were put on.

Can I just say how big of a fan I am of evening weddings? Nothing better than having the entire day to get ready - because we will take the entire day to get ready. Alterations have to happen… snacks have to happen... naps have to happen… getting ready is hard work.

Once ready, we scooted on over to the Carnegie Institution for Science for the ceremony and reception. We were so impressed with the venue! Everything about this wedding was beautifully done!

Cocktail Hour!

We watched from up in the gallery for a bit. This is a seriously amazing building!

Some of us stopped for a second to take a photo with the bride. Others (ehm… Justin) were too busy tearing up the dance floor to break for a photo. It's so good to be together again!

Smoking cigars. Every time. Another tradition we tend to keep at Mary Wash weddings.

And because our age has most definitely caught up with us, Leslie, Jes, Kelly and I returned home before midnight to the comfort of leftover cake, pillows, and Property Brothers.

Monty understands us. Life is hard. Life in heels is harder. :)

Congratulations Jes and Evan!

Comments

Leslie said…
I feel it incumbent upon me to mention that it was a margherita, not margarita, egg-white omelette. As it had mozzarella, basil and tomato, not tequila, lime and crushed dreams. Don't want the kind folks who read this blog to get the wrong idea about our breakfast.

And the guest-spot by Monty at the end is genius.
Leslie said…
Okay apparently basil, mozz and tomato = caprese. Totally wrong of me. I don't speak Italian.
Joann said…
:/ apparently I don't either. Having the editor edit right away so we don't look like dummies.
Unknown said…
No one told me about the photo! Thanks.......
Joann said…
Our B Justin. No one wanted to disturb you from the dancing. You were owning the dance floor. We couldn't get in the way of greatness.

Popular Posts