Spring Break!

Vacation Alert:


It's happening! The flight is booked for mid-April and I will be headed to Miami for "Spring Break," aka my worst nightmare. Haha I only say this because whenever I think spring break in Miami I think MTV spring break specials and it makes me cringe. 

I'm hoping that's just a lot of editing and people wanting to be on TV for five seconds… if there's peace and quiet in Miami, I shall find it!

I'm actually really pumped because I've never been and it'll be nice to go somewhere warm for a change (without the threat of a random snowstorm dumping a foot of snow all up in your life when you're trying to coax your daffodils into doing their thang)!

Now let's talk flying those friendly skies… I've always dreamt of being put together at the airport. You know, sunglasses tucked into my perfectly tousled hair, perhaps a scarf to add some class, chic and comfy sandals, and a smart and functional bag…

What it ends up being is something closer to a mangled bag lady trying to juggle a giant overpriced water bottle, a book she's pretending to read, and a gross-and-dried-out-but-she-never-learns-her-lesson-and-buys-airport-food-anyway sandwich, while getting tangled up in headphones because she wasn't sure if they started boarding her flight yet, or if she's even at the right gate for her flight because she was busy pretending to read but really listening to music and judging people who walk by instead.

Phew.

So in summary, I'm going to try to be a pulled-together adult on this trip. Pack light. Be cool. Read because I learned how to and I probably shouldn't let a skill like that go to waste... And stick to coffee at the airport.

Blarg.

Comments

Mel said…
Didn't know that about rye flour! I'll have to try it this weekend!
Joann said…
Yes! It's really great stuff! I keep a bag in the freezer in a ziplock because I don't use it all the time but I like having it on hand!

Popular Posts