Pecan Sandies

I woke up on Wednesday with big plans to do absolutely nothing but tear through Season 2 of House of Cards. About halfway through the marathon, the guilt set in and I realized I had to actually do something with my day. So I busted out the tried and true recipe for pecan sandies courtesy of Mrs. S and made those cookies while watching House of Cards. 

Much better.


I flipping love these things. They're not too sweet, chock full of nuts, and are super easy to make!

The recipe I used is a secret family recipe, but I found one from taste of home that is very similar to the recipe I used:

You Will Need:

1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon water
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped pecans
additional powdered sugar for dusting

In a standing mixer, cream butter and sugar. Add water and vanilla extract; mix well. Gradually add flour and fold in pecans.

Roll dough into logs and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces.

Bake at 300 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until bottom is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. When cool, dust with additional powdered sugar.

That's it! They seriously melt in your mouth and are great with coffee or tea. 

Times are getting tough because I'm missing the baking and have fallen victim to one to many lunches/dinners out with my aunt visiting. It's time to start another round of detoxing! Back to green juices and kale everything for me!

Taking the aunt to Plaka Grill to experience the absolute greatest (in my humble gyro-loving opinion) Chicago Gyro. 

I've indulged so much this past week that I actually can't wait to detox again! (Somewhere in the world I know Gwyneth's spider sense is tingling.)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Those pecan sandies look amazing!!! Im going to make them ASAP.

-Drew

Popular Posts