Thai Burgers and Korean Slaw

I am seriously singing about tonight's dinner! I could eat this every single daaaaay!

These burgers are super juicy and most definitely worth a try! It's almost worth living off of juice and raw almonds (read: starving all day) to have quality dinners like these!

(Gwyneth uses ground chicken, but a girl's got to work with what she's got.)

Thai Turkey Burgers

1 pound ground turkey
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
2/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
2 shallots, finely minced
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 teaspoons fish sauce
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 teaspoons olive oil

Throughly mix the turkey with the garlic, cilantro, shallots, red pepper flakes, fish sauce, salt, and pepper. Form into four burgers, each about 3/4 inch thick.

Head a pan over medium heat. Rub each burger on both sides with a bit of olive oil and cook about 8 minutes on the first side and another 5 minutes on the second, or until nicely browned and firm to the touch.

And the Korean Slaw goes perfectly with the burger. It's got crunch from the cabbage and awesome flavor from the sauce. It would also be fantastic with some chicken or fish tacos!

Korean Slaw

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons lime juice
1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
1 cup shredded green cabbage
1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
3 tablespoons finely diced red onion
2 scallions, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons roughly chopped cilantro
2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds

Whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, and fish sauce in a large mixing bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and allow the slaw to sit for at least 10 minutes and as long as 6 hours before serving. 

So far the whole detox week experience has going pretty well - the recipes are quick and easy enough to make when I get home from work and before I pass out from hunger. And they're delicious! I'm absolutely loving this cookbook and hope you will too!

THAT'S RIGHT - A GIVEAWAY!!!

I'll be giving away a copy of Gwyneth's cookbook, It's All Good so you can try these and more recipes - and maybe even a detox and vegan week if you choose to do so!

So to celebrate the end of my detox week with me, leave a comment on this post by this Saturday (February 8th) at midnight and I'll announce the winner on Sunday!

(Please leave your email address so I can contact you for your mailing address if you're chosen to win!)

Comments

Unknown said…
Sounds delicious!
Anonymous said…
Count me in...I will make that burger!
AG
Anonymous said…
Gwyneth apparently knows her stuff. If I win, I will serve my week.

-Nat
Kaitlin said…
I am commenting, less to win and more to prove I still read this in a timely manner!
Unknown said…
Looks really good. But its not a real burger unless it has a fried egg on it!!!!! Lol.
Anonymous said…
I am making the slaw tonight. I hope I win
Susan said…
I need this cookbook! And then I need you to do all the cooking. Thanks Joj!
Leslie said…
I HAVE LOVED GWYNETH LONGER AND HARDER THAN ANYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD. Also I'm super behind on your blog. Trying to catch up now.
Joann said…
Hahaha I will factor the Gwyneth love into the random drawing for the cookbook. Maybe I can pull some strings and have the next giveaway be a weekend with her highness…(!)

P.S. Her suggestions for a President's Day Weekend getaway are ridic.
Unknown said…
Okay Joann after speaking with you today about her "mind blowing" chicken and reading the recipe for the Burger you have me sold!!! If I should win I will too serve her and you well. Best of LUCK to all.

Katie
Anonymous said…
thank you for posting the recipe! I can't wait to try it out!!
-Aleasha

Popular Posts