NYC Life.

The thing about being in New York is that it makes you realize how much of a waste your life is in any other place in the universe. 

On a typical day, I'm lucky if I get one or two things done - laundry, errands, bathing…

But in this city, it seems like a day lasts a lifetime because you can get so much done in a single day. It's kind of thrilling.

We started the day off with your typical NYC brunch at Marseille.


I had their healthy frittata, which came with an awesome spring salad - just greens, olive oil, lemon juice, and sea salt. Ridiculous. Even the coffee cups were amazing.


After brunch, it was off to The Met, where we soaked up some culture…

Haha. No shame in the game.

After the Met, we were headed off to meet Mike and ran into one of the loves of my life - Hästens (which, if you will recall, topped my Must Haves List in Sept 2011). We literally ran into the showroom and I finally got to lay on one of these for the first time! I was also told that the dream bed on my must-have list is no longer $60,000, but $100,000. Shoulda bought it when I had the chance.

Can't even begin to describe the comfort level. This one is on sale for $37,000-ish. We left with the complementary lingonberry gummy and a brochure so that we may continue dreaming.

We stopped by two bakeries on the way to a rest stop at Casey and Mike's place - one that sold primarily canneles (I picked three delicious savory varieties) and this gorgeous almond galette that Lauren picked - which came complete with a gold paper crown and little ceramic trinket. 

Lauren, Lindsey and I then met up for dinner with our friend Ian from our high school days at The Standard, where we dined and drank and dined some more on amazing food and even better dessert - a vat of chocolate mousse with sea salt, brownie, and whipped cream. Too ridiculous.

Afterwards, thanks to Ian's connections, we paraded around The Standard's equally amazing nightclub and rooftop bungalow while sipping champagne and admiring the restrooms.

Seriously.

This is the view from the restroom. One wall of the bathroom (coincidentally the wall you're facing when you're actually sitting on the loo) is just a giant window. It's without a doubt the best view I've ever had while relieving myself.

And bathroom number two was equally as amazing. You must think I'm insane, but I would definitely put the bathrooms at The Standard Hotel on any list of things to do in NYC. I mean, everything about that place is fantastic. Obvs.

We then headed out to meet up with Justin, Joey, and Casey where we danced to some sweet beats. Lauren and Lindsey did decide to call it a night around 1 AM, reasonable, but I forged on, in the spirit of NYC life and with the promise of pierogi in my future. 

Is there anything more beautiful after the longest day of your life than a plate of sauerkraut and mushroom pierogi? I think not.


I crawled into bed at about 3 AM. Far past the stage of red-teary-tired eyeballs, but so worth it.

And in honor of all of the desserts that have been consumed on this trip, I give you:

Today's Dessert Diary:

Mousse de Chocolat (1/4 of a vat)
savory cannelles (3)
almond galette (1 bite)
Almond cookies (4 bites)
raspberry jelly doughnut (3 bites)

Comments

Eric said…
hahaha classic look, Casey! Love it!

Popular Posts