NEW YORK CITY IS MINE.

On my final full day in New York City, I dominated it by taking the subway all by myself!!!!! 

I know, I know, I'm such a city girl.

And even with very clear instructions, I still ended up walking a few extra blocks in the wrong direction on my way to and from the subway station, but that was to be expected. Turns out, knowing how to read a map is a pretty useful skill to have. I'll have to learn how to do that one day.

I met Justin for lunch by his office and then headed to the MoMA and spent the next four hours just soaking it all in! As much as I love company, I definitely prefer being solo in museums to allow for proper sightseeing. 

There's nothing like the real thing! One of my favorites, Cy Twombly.

And this colossal Picasso.

And Klimt. I could stare at this one for hours.

And of course, the famous Van Gogh.

Pfeffer and Justin came over for our final family dinner! We whipped up the eggplant and risotto bake and Mike made some awesome brussels sprouts. Perfection!

And just like that, I was catapulted back to life back in Virginia. Not that that's a terrible thing, I suppose it's a good thing to have a job and dumb life things to tend to. 

Not really. I can't wait to go back!

Comments

Popular Posts