Nashville!

Hello from Tennessee!

My immediate thoughts on the state based on my experience in the last 24 hours:

1. My heart hurts. Literally. The food is so fried/delicious/salty/sweet it is literally killing me. I know this is all my fault as no one is holding me at gunpoint and telling me I must order the fried chicken, but COME ON.

The BEST fried chicken/green beans/turnip greens I've ever had. From Nashville's Loveless Cafe.

2. See above. All of the sugar in sweet tea is used to offset the copious amount of salt in the food. I've also gotten water a few times and it's like they know I'm not from around here. Which is unacceptable.

And we had lunch at Arnold's Country Kitchen, famous for their "meat and three."

3. Tourists are so... touristy. Obviously we don't count but it's just so dang annoying when tourists stop and pose everywhere. Like they've never seen a giant boot or a candied apple or the oldest working letterpress print shops before. Pssh.

We went boot shopping on Broadway Street.


Two birds, one stone. Hitting up the Country Music Hall of Fame and Hatch Show Print's new location on 5th.

Well, if you haven't already guessed, Yerinator and I spent the day in Nashville while the rest of our group was traveling to Knoxville.

The wall of prints at Hatch Show Print

We found cassette tapes. What are those?

Also, they have a Parthenon at Centennial Park in Nashville.

Because why not. 

In summary, Tennessee is awesome.

It will be even more awesome tomorrow when we hit up the first SEC game and get a taste of some Tennessee football action. 

Comments

Leslie said…
The Parthenon looks pretty cool. I'd like to visit Nashville, sorry I missed that.
Joann said…
Next year we're totally staging a reenactment at the Parthenon. Bring your toga.

Popular Posts