Turkey Pumpkin Chili!

So by chance (well, really because I'm nosey), as I was leaving work the other day, Aleasha shared a recipe she was making that night for a Turkey Pumpkin Chili. 


Uh... Pumpkin!? I needed that recipe.

Turns out, it's from the Tone It Up Nutrition Plan (Holla at my TIU gals!) and it's an awesome chili recipe! I've made a fair share of chili in my day and this is the only way I'll be making it from here on out! 
Check out the original recipe HERE!

I tweaked it (of course) because I can never find cans in the size recipes call for! Ridiculous.

But definitely give this chili a try! It's loaded with veggies and the canned pumpkin makes it so creamy and glorious. Ohmygosh. And Coconut Oil!? Brilliant.

You Will Need:
1 1/2 Tbsp Virgin Coconut Oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium onion, chopped
1 green pepper, diced
1 yellow pepper, diced
1 jalapeño, deveined and some seeds removed, diced (optional)
1 pound ground turkey
2 10-ounce cans of diced tomatoes with mild green chilies (I used Rotel)
1 15.5-ounce can dark red kidney beans
1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
2 Tbsp chili powder
3/4 Tbsp cumin
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (for topping)
3/4 cup greek yogurt (for topping)

Directions:

Heat oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat (my Le Creuset was perfect for this job!). Add the garlic, onion and peppers. Sauté until tender (about 10 minutes). Add ground turkey and cook until browned, stirring to break up the turkey.

Stir in tomatoes, beans and pumpkin and add seasonings. Finally, lower heat and let simmer for 20 minutes.

To serve, top with greek yogurt and cilantro. 

I can't tell you how much I love leftover chili... 

And this recipe will make plenty (8 servings!) so make sure you share it! (Or don't and stockpile it in the freezer for a rainy/lazy day like I did.)

Comments

Popular Posts