back in the saddle

So it turns out Sheppy is also my new manager.

There's a place in this world known as Vintage Village and it's exactly what it sounds like, a group of small shops that sell Vintage things (read: one man's trash, etc...). It's perfect.

Anywhoo, Sheppy was shopping there one day and one of the owners was helping load things in her car, when she happened upon the ol' guest book painting from the wedding. Luckily for us, Sheppy hadn't gotten around to hanging that on her wall yet. Well, or even taking it out of the car... wait a second...

Long story shorter, I met the owner this weekend because she wanted to talk about having more paintings done to sell at her shop! Whoopee! Whoa. Does making dollarz (however minute) make me an artist? I will allow it.

Super excited!

I plan on capitalizing on this trend of D-I-Y, rustic, barn, mason jars, moonshine weddings until my pockets are overflowing with enough dollars to buy me my dream greenhouse/studio/aquarium/antique dough bowl that I spotted at this antique store. Basically, I'll be painting these for the rest of my life.

This is the first one I did, of a magnolia-ish variety.

The finished product!

And a lemon tree version I did last night. :)

I've conquered my fear-ish of watercolors and it's opening up a whole new world for me! Fast-drying, no priming necessary... I'm not sure what took me so long to get in to this stuff! The paper is expensive though, but luckily I had a few giant sheets purchased from my printmaking days.

But so far so good, I'm going to do two more paintings before I send the first batch of paintings down. Hopefully they'll sell, I've got loads of ideas scribbled down somewhere for more of these paintings.

Holler.

Check out SuzAnna's blog HERE and if you're ever in the area, stop by and see them! They've got some great antiques (I also purchased an antique baguette board and witnessed two beautiful vintage suitcases I wanted get sold.) and some super cool watercolor paintings should you be in need of an alternative guest book for your wedding day... :)

Comments

Leslie said…
Congrats Joj!! And happy birthday!
Your paintings are beauteous and I can't wait to see more work.
K-T-Lin said…
Next up, making paintings to hang in your very own shop!
Unknown said…
daaaaaang Joj! Love it! Send em on down!

Popular Posts