Sunday Funday

I wish every day were inventory.

Well, maybe not. I wish I didn't have to go to work until 4 PM every day!

Every last Sunday of the month, I get the special treat of having the morning and afternoon off to do as I please and this month, my morning was spent on a three hour adventure in Great Falls.

It was equal parts terrifying and awesome. 

Actually, it was probs closer a 70:30 ratio of terrifying:awesome. Heights aren't my jam and I'm certain those giant rock walls will crumble into teeny tiny pieces if I step on one and I will fall the gajillion feet to my death. I'M SURE OF THIS.

This kid has no such fear. 

(What's That Supposed To Mean-ing in front of a random bonsai-ish tree growing out of a rock. NBD.)

Then it was time to get grubbing! I whipped up those cheddar scallion biscuits (if you haven't made them yet, just do it already!).

Brunch is the best.

I made the biscuits drop-style this time (aka without a fancy pants biscuit cutter) and I'm all about the increased surface area of crispiness on the outside of the biscuit.

... also how you can pick off small pieces of the biscuit while you're cooking everything else without anyone being able to tell... #dropstyle #forthewin 

Let's be honest for a second here... one of the greatest perks of being in the kitchen is being able to taste the stuff before everyone else.

Comments

Leslie said…
That reminds me of how my mom used to tell us she would eat her veggies while she was cooking. This was a lie to throw us off the scent of the fact that she does not eat veggies but we still had to.

I WANT YOUR BISCUITS.
Joann said…
Haha smooooth mothering. I will be using that line when I make sweet potatoes. Gross.

I shall make you biscuits!

Popular Posts