A Surprise Party! (and mooore seafood)

We had a little surprise going away/birthday party for Vinny the other day at King Pinz (home of the world's greatest cheese fries)...

The best of friends.

A little Nats Park cake for the occasion! 

Worthy of noting: cake with cannoli filling is always the way to go. And sprinkles. Lots and lots of sprinkles.

King Pinz hang outs will not be the same without this kid!

The next day was gorgeous so I got my hands on some more seafood (I am as sick of seafood as you are of reading it!)

But these giant Cherrystone Clams were awesome on the grill!

To steam the mussels, I whipped out the ol' Le Creuset, threw in some butter, garlic, onion, bacon, and crushed red pepper, topped it off with some white wine and threw the mussels in. Steam until they've opened and serve it with a crusty bread.

I also did some Littleneck Clams the same way, but replaced the wine with a can of beer. Yum.

I'll be taking a break from anything that hails from the sea for a while, but I strongly urge you to try it. Hopefully this weekend brightens up because there is nothing better than a big bowl of clams or mussels and a cold beer out on the deck.


Comments

Popular Posts