SUMMER

I think everyone in Northern Virginia is scratching their head about this ridiculous weather.

It occurred to me today that the only way to embrace this sweltering heat is to put some mussels on and have a beer out on the deck. This actually didn't work out because it got cloudy as soon as I was all ready to go, but I made do.

The greatest.

I sauteed minced garlic and shallots in some butter, added some belgian beer (Stellaaaaaa), then got a little crazy by adding some chorizo, lemon, and then the mussels. Steamed them for a bit, then added some basil before chowing down and MY GOODNESS. I wish I had more bread to soak up all of the goodness.

The mussels were perfect! Plump and sweet. Check out this perfect bite of chorizo, basil, garlic, and mussel. Dang.

We started our Eat Well Live Well walks today in this crazy heat! Not all of us made it (TAYLOR), but those of us who did got a nice little break from work and a few thousand extra steps in for the day!

Comments

Anonymous said…
You just had to call me out on the blog!

-mighty duck

Popular Posts