SIXTY!

So my aunt turned SIXTY today! Since she's here visiting from Hong Kong (WTSM) we've kind of been celebrating all week... but I think that's being conservative. For my 60th, I plan on celebrating all year. It's kind of a big deal.

Today, we went out to dinner where I gave her some bling in the form of sapphire and diamond studs.


You might have trouble seeing them because they are SMALL.

I felt like a kid bringing their piggy bank to the jeweler... this was my first time buying "real" jewelry and I think it's one of those situations where you just point to something in the sparkly case and sign the dotted line without thinking too much about how many Costco hot dogs you could have gotten for that much money.

If you're curious, the answer is enough money to have a Costco hot dog once a day for a few months shy of two years. But this lady's worth it (and nobody should ever be eating that many hot dogs - no matter how juicy and delicious and perfectly nestled in that soft corn-meal dusted bun and covered in sauerkraut they are...)!


Then we went back to my aunt's house for some cake, alcohol, and photo album appreciation time.

Sisters (aka The Asian Invasion)!

And I found this gem of myself, my sis, and cousins.

I'm basically the original grumpy cat.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Lu and auntie...BFFs. "welcome to the 60's"
Leslie said…
You're friggin' adorable. Were and are.
Eric said…
bahaha picture is priceless. You had that classic "really?" or "WTSTM" look down from the beginning

Popular Posts