Backbone Exercises

In what I thought would be an interesting experiment, I volunteered to babysit last night because I thought that I had learned some lessons from the previous times I attempted to watch these children.

Lessons including:

1. Don't give them sugar.
2. Say "No."
3. Don't cave.
4. They're just little people.
5. You're the boss.

But I thought it would be a genius idea to bring cookie dough and bags of M&Ms so that we could combine two different forms of sugar into a super ball of sugar. And I guess I didn't do the math correctly because I didn't think we would be eating the cookies for some strange reason... 


Obviously you know children better than I do because they each had THREE cookies.

Oy.

But whatevs, the joke's on them. I coaxed them into sending me home with two of these delicious treats. Haha. It's fun encouraging kids to share, especially when you're the beneficiary.

They made me work for it though... I played with matchbox cars for TWO hours. And then for another hour after I told them to they needed to go to bed and they decided they didn't want to. I threw out that ol' back bone of mine and had to surrender to the cuteness.

But seriously, NO MORE SUGAR NEXT TIME.

Comments

Popular Posts