Thursday

Hope everyone had a nice Thursday, which also happened to be (for those of you who observe it) Valentine's Day. [Insert usual single-gal "Boo. Hiss."]

The thing about bakeries is that whether you agree with the holidays or not, your business really depends on these days, so you have to put on your sparkliest face and celebrate the crap out of them. 

Including, but not limited to: Valentine's Day, April Fool's Day, Chinese New Year, and every other day of the year that gives people an excuse to buy dessert.

This Valentine's Day, we did the usual chocolate covered strawberries (soooooo many chocolate covered strawberries). But we also had some fun plated desserts for peeps to enjoy if they decided to dine in...

Some triple chocolate mousse cake with strawberries and vanilla ice cream.
I could make quenelles for hours and hours (and I did). They are my jam.

And we also offered fruit sushi! I was so obsessed with these gorgeous edible flowers and decided to jazz up the plate with some fancy mango knife work and a chocolate heart.

But gosh, plating is hard. I worked basically all day to get my mise together and then couldn't be further than a stone's throw away in case someone ordered dessert. 

And things got really Diner Dash-level-of-stressful when the dessert orders started piling up. Gaaaah.

But I love when things get all crazy like that.

This ended up being my dinner. Not that I'm complaining. Mushy french fries are my favorite thing. Now that BurgerFi is next door, it's too easy to get my hands on these.

So, all in all, for having spent my holiday like we bakery peeps spend every holiday (doing for others), this one was a solid one. Nothing quite like coming down from a busy day knowing you all survived! Tattered and exhausted, sure. But that's all curable. Usually with french fries.

Hope you had a great Valentine's Day!

Comments

Kristen said…
Big plate ups were my jam in college. Good times when you get 3 or 4 people banging out a few hundred dessert plates...
Unknown said…
Congratulations on making it through another Valentine's Day! You're desserts look beautiful! We're glad that we could help you recoup after a long day!
Anonymous said…
LOVE this place! Just went last week and had their quinoa burger! A must try!!
Anonymous said…
@BurgerFiNation this place is so awesome! They have brought me back from being semi vegetarian. I've eaten there 3 days out if 4. But it is so good and convenient. Right next door to mt second home. Wegmans. I love that it' all natural and if you are going lo carb you can get lettuce for a bun. And onion rings are huge! And delish
Anonymous said…
so excited to try BurgerFi this coming weekend. I hear from lots of peeps at Wegmans, that it's a winner. Nuff said. AG
Eric said…
I'm home next month (spring break!! wooo!!!) and while I'm not in the burger market I wouldn't mind checking out these french fries... salt and vinegar, hot cajun and parmesan all look LEGIT!

Especially if I can get them extra crispy!! That, as they say, is my jaaaaaaam
Anonymous said…
I hope I win t the hot oil.
Anonymous said…
I love you jon

Popular Posts