Retreat Preparation...

So this weekend, the Yerinator and I are headed off to a yoga retreat. I'm 30% excited and 70% terrified because I haven't stepped foot on a yoga mat in about... four months.

Well, what better way to start than by hurling yourself head first into a weekend of nonstop yoga? I can tell I'm going to need to bring some Advil for this.

Also included in the cost of the retreat are our meals, which will be vegetarian. Upon hearing this, some coworkers thought I would need supplemental meat product to get me through such a weekend...

So just in case, I've been gifted a bag of beef jerky. Haha amazing.

I guess they've known me long enough to know that vegetarianism has never stuck with me. I've done it for months on end, but alas, my love for the all mighty buffalo wing has always drawn me back into her greasy guilt-ridden grip. 

(I really wish I could say I've given up vegetarianism for something far more respectable, like a gorgeous steak from a five star restaurant... but seriously, buffalo wings. Shame.)

Speaking of gifting, but completely unrelated to yoga (well, actually... not completely unrelated), Cathy also surprised me with a slice of my faaaaavorite pie today - strawberry rhubarb! And this is not just any strawberry rhubarb pie... it's a strawberry rhubarb pie made by Cathy with strawberries and rhubarb grown by Cathy, all packed into a golden, flaky crust of awesome Cathy pie-ness.

Oh gosh, just looking at this picture makes me miss it and want more. :/
Check out that gorgeous lattice work!

The only reason why I say that pie and yoga actually have a common denominator is because typically at the beginning of class, my fave yoga instructor will ask the class to take a moment and dedicate the day's practice to something.

And I've totally dedicated a practice or two to pie.

And now all I'll be thinking about this weekend is pie. :|

Comments

Popular Posts