Now Hiring: Assistant

Things are about to get cray in life and I'm going to need some help. There is no pay, for I can not afford to pay you for the ridiculous amount of work there is to be done, but some things are worth more than money. Like hugs.

It's official, the bachelor pad has got to be packed up and out in the next two weeks and relocated to a new casa minutes away from the current one. #STRESS.

I just found this out a few hours ago, but have been trying to pack things up and throw things out for weeks now, so hopefully it won't be too much work. But then again, every room I look in to seems filled with stuff.

Found a box full of letters I wrote to the FBL while we were all in college. Nothing like getting handwritten mail! We used to circulate a letter where we'd put a new letter in and take our old letter out every time the letters came to us. It was a nice way to touch base once in a while. Definitely miss getting those giant (usually janky) envelopes stuffed with everyone's updates. I always included a little obsession list with each letter and it's funny going back and seeing what I was obsessed with way back when.

And of course, this is a perfect example of why cleaning and packing takes so long! You've obviously got to stop and read all of these old letters and look through old year books, and well, you get the idea.

Next thing you know, it's midnight and you've actually just shuffled a bunch of old stuff around and made a huge mess in the process. :/

In other news, happenings of today also included:

File this information under "CRAZY" but AG made these gorgeous colors at work today for some cupcakes and I have decided they shall be the colors for my future wedding should it be a spring or a beach wedding.

But if you're thinking this is going to lead to a confession about having a cupcake, you're wrong. Day two of the challenge and I'm still going strong!

I'm not sure if it's because of this lack of sugar/white flour, but I was noticeably crabby today (or so I was told. Thanks, coworkers.) and ended up leaving work early on account of dizziness (or a feeling I could only describe as "that feeling a goldfish must feel when it's just floating around on its side and is about to die." Not to be dramatic or anything...). I got home and crawled straight into bed and slept off the temporary vertigo, then got up and felt well enough to go to the gym.

And then I put together a quick dinner of ribs, brown rice, sauteed spinach, and bean sprouts.

Sheesh, it's looking like I eat a lot of spinach (I'm guessing I've posted about it in like 3 of my last 5 posts). But it's seriously the easiest thing to add to a meal and it's good! None of that overcooked steamed junk that looks like it was scraped from a pond.

I always like to keep a bag of baby spinach and some garlic in the fridge so I can throw it together. In a medium pan over medium heat, just add some olive oil, peel a clove of garlic, cut it in half and add it to the pan, then add handfuls of spinach in (it will cook down a LOT). Add a pinch of salt and just saute until the spinach is wilted. Boom. You just flooded your body with some seriously tasty nutrients.

Comments

Leslie said…
Spinach is the best.

Where are you moving to? Why? I am also moving and also spend all my "packing" time shuffling through memories and throwing out 1 rubber band a a receipt, but keeping everything else.
Joann said…
Just a few minutes away. This place rented out for more than the new place, so we're "simplifying." Blarg. Love me some bachelor pad. I think I'm just going to postpone packing and maybe the new tenants won't mind if I stay and hang out with them.

Popular Posts