Dang!

It's been a few days! Apologies!

I started another job to get some experience and save some more cash money for my dream of... well... working like a crazy for the rest of my life. And so far so good! I'm super excited about the opportunity, but that doesn't leave as much time for extracurricular things, blogging included. :/

I'm still working on the whole time management thing, but basically every day I work, come home, have dinner, pack a lunch, take a shower, then catch a show or a movie or open a book, then I'm out. Repeat every day of the week.

Highlight of my week: Honeybells! Jules has been bringing these in for me and I can't get enough of them! They're in season once a year for a very short amount of time and they are amazing! I mean, I love oranges, but this makes your standard navel orange look like a joke.

I came home from work today, did some sick nasty sear work on a rib eye steak (this is actually only half of a piece!) and sautéed some spinach to go with it so I wouldn't hate myself.

Get it Joj!

After my shower, I decided to curl my hair so that I can push snooze a few extra times tomorrow morning. It came out really fluffy though, so hopefully that calms down while I'm tossing and turning in my sleep. 

I'm pretty excited for the weekend though - after work tomorrow, I'm headed off to DC for the night! Breakfast with the Schneider Bro Saturday morning, then right back to work well into Saturday evening. Blarg. I'm exhausted just thinking about it, but it'll be worth it! 

Am I evil if I also plan to use this period of over-work in my life as arsenal in the future when my bratty children are complaining about their 10-hour a week part time job?

It will go something like this... "When I was your age, I had to look up 'weekend' in the dictionary because I had no idea what the word meant! A day without work?! I have never known such a thing!" 

I'll also throw in something about having to walk 25 miles barefoot in the snow to get water from a well every morning or something. I feel like all parents do that when regaling their offspring with tales of their childhood. Lay on that guilt. Lay it on nice and thick.

Comments

Leslie said…
I'm sorry, you're having breakfast with whom on Saturday morning? What about brunch?
Anonymous said…
Working 7 days a week, there is not greater joy!

Popular Posts