Officially Spike'd

A while back, Dubs and I got tickets to Spike Mendelsohn's "Spike'd Holiday Party" event and I of course went in blindly (read: had no idea what I was getting myself in to) so naturally, it wasn't what I expected. But I guess an intimate dinner with Spike was unrealistic...?

Instead, I had to share my dinner with about 500 other people (sadface). The food was still fantastic, but you knew that... they don't call it Good Stuff Eatery for nothing!

Dubs brought the class and I brought the comfort. 
Homegirl rocks at roaming around the city in sky high heels!
We were in the holding cell with 200ish of our dinner companions before they herded us upstairs to the event.

They gave us these little vouchers for our tasting. Dubs loved the Irish Cream shake, but she's crazy. The Peppermint Schnapps shake was where it is at. I'm going to need to develop a mock Peppermint Schnapps shake.

We munched on some french fries. The best in the biz! French Fry guru approved.

See that grungy DJ over my shoulder? He had this blonde Robert Smith thing going on. He was playing some good music (like music most people would think was cool) and then as we were leaving, he put on some Justin Bieber, which, I mean. LOVE. We still didn't talk to him though. This photo is the closest we got. Socializing on the weekend with strangers our age-ish is new to me (since Dubs and I are accustomed to working on weekends).

We got pictures with Spike. Kind of. He was back and forth overseeing the event for the most part, so we did what we had to do.

After the event, Dubs introduced me to the crepe man outside of the Verizon Center. We hit up some seriously delicious nutella and banana crepes.

Then we went to Clyde's to round out the evening with a Hendrick's and Tonic for me, a Jack and Coke for Dubsie. Powered with the perfect amount of cocktail in our systems, we summoned the strength to walk back to the metro and join the masses in their exodus from a Friday night in the city. 

We got some neat Good Stuff Eatery pint glasses (before they're even sold on their website!) as swag to take home. But I guess it's not really swag because we paid for it with our ticket purchase. But I'm going to call it swag anyway because it makes us sound like people like to give us free stuff.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Milkshakes...without me????
Kristen said…
Don't worry, I lodged our complaints over how the event was run with the survey LivingSocial sent me. Also, whenever you're ready for a full on Good Stuff meal, count me in. Those fries and that cheese on the burger were To. Die. For.

Popular Posts