Thanksgiving-ed OUT

I had my fourth (and final) Thanksgiving celebration today! Trust me, I love me some Thanksgiving, but celebrating four times in two weeks may be is definitely overkill. 

I kept this one nice and simple though. Turkey, mashed potatoes, rolls, stuffing, and dessert. Since the kitchen was already in war-zone mode, I also made two loaves of challah for the cousins to take back to school (and to prove to myself that I have the patience and skillz to make challah).

I made a pumpkin pie and an apple crostata last night. Jules is right, you can't go wrong with the classics. I used the recipe off of the condensed milk can for the pumpkin pie and it's the best!

Our simple spread - the cousins brought over some curried chicken puff pastries that were phenom (think mini curried chicken pasties).

And then everyone went out to go shopping, which was the last thing I wanted to do, so I stayed and cleaned a bit and attempted to take a nap. 

I say attempted because while I was laying down, Marco got all up in my face and slept on it. It was fine because he's adorable, but I am still allergic to cats, so I'm currently paying for it with a pair of itchy eyeballs. 

Also, I'm pictured above wearing my new cardigan that came from my first CottonOn order! LOVE it! It's so soft and for $12.50, it's a steal! I'm glad I got one in black too! Everything I ordered worked out, except I found a tiny hole in the black leggings I ordered (but for $6, whadduya expect), but it's fixable. The lace sweetheart oxblood dress I ordered fits like a dream! Can't wait to find an excuse (and a day off) to wear it somewhere!

Comments

Eric said…
You should have gone shopping. You cooked. You cleaned. Shopping is the only thing left in your job description. You know what I'm talking about.
Joann said…
Brian, if you're going to try to steal Eric's identity, at least try and find out his username and password to make it believable. You're really giving yourself away with all of this Name/URL business...

Secondly, I have no idea what you're talking about. If you're hinting at furniture/clothes shopping with you, using "Eric" as a pen name backfires on you in that way too.

In summary, if you can't do a decent job of pretending to be someone else, then you're going to just have to stick to being you!
Eric said…
BOOM! Roasted!!

On a hilariously ironic note...brother Joel and I need to go clothes shopping on December 15th. Dress clothes and such. Lemme know.

Popular Posts