WHAT THE HECK

I got out of work early today and decided I would go to Walmart to pick up some fabric to make myself a bag for my yoga mat, and that's where I saw this:

FIRST of all, the $5 bin!? Secondly, did they just crop Chris out?*

I was pretty offended. But not offended enough to save this classic album from the $5 bin... :/

While I was in the fabric section juggling yards of fabric, batting, and pins, Yerin decides to text me and tell me about a yoga retreat. Crazy!

That's obviously too coincidental to pass up, so I signed up for the yoga retreat! I'll be going one weekend in February! This was also great motivation for me to get my yoga bag finished, so I headed home and got to work on it.

I finished fifteen minutes before class started, but luckily, class is about 5 minutes away from my house, so I made it riiiight on time. 

I had my bag laying in the back of the room, which allowed me to admire it every time I downward dogged, which was a lot. There's nothing like making something with your own two hands and then constantly stroking your own ego.

Flaws? Absolutely. But I'm going to pull the "homemade" card. It's perfect for being "homemade" AND it works!

It was a good yoga day. I sweated profusely, fell asleep during savasana, and even got a compliment for the bag from someone other than myself!

I'm SO ready for this retreat.

*Phew, okay. I just looked it up and they just stuck the tape over Chris' face. I will allow it.

Comments

Eric said…
That's awesome!!

Joann: I would like to commission one of these yoga mat bags. I've been schlepping mine into class under my arm and all the real yogis laugh at me and won't let me participate in their games.

Seriously, good stuff!

Popular Posts