Veggie Haul

Look at this. Just looook at it. 

Isn't it beautiful?

I got all of these gorgeous veggies for under $20! 

It's always tough when we sign people up for Eat Well Live Well and they tend to say that it's expensive to eat a healthy diet. I'll agree, it's unfortunate that a meal at McDonalds can cost less than a bin of mixed greens, but on Monday I found a new market in Ashburn that had amazing produce for an amazing price!

Obviously, things don't always work out this well, but when they do, I take take advantage of it!

I made a big pot of veggie soup.


Easy Peasy. I just sauteed some garlic, onions, and tomatoes in a dutch oven. Added water, two tablespoons of tomato paste, and then piled in the veggies!

I added zucchini, potatoes, peas, mushrooms, okra, and napa cabbage.

It's going to be a busy week, but I'm hoping to make time to whip up another batch of that amazing eggplant recipe and some mushroom risotto. 

In the meantime, I've cut up a giant bowl of salad to make it easier on myself for the rest of the work week. 

The secret to lunchtime success is preparation and baller tupperware. 

This salad container is the love of my life. I can pack a giant salad at the bottom (romaine, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, and sliced radishes) and separate it from any add-ons (challah croutons, chicken salad, and pesto dressing).

I have no idea how any work day is going to turn out, but at least my lunch will always be a solid one.

Comments

Anonymous said…
New post...
Jules said…
Loving the blog!

Popular Posts