Trouble

Y'all. I made chocolate hazelnut spread today. 

I made it with my own two hands!!! 

I didn't scoop pre-made spread out of an impossible jar (note to self: write Nutella a strongly worded letter about the impossible shape of their packaging), I roasted hazelnuts, melted chocolate, did the whole thing... and it was delicious. I'll never go back to the old stuff.

You'll need one of these:



Sur La Table is selling this mini one* for $50 if you don't own a food processor and do not have the luxury of having a wedding registry because you are single/solo/alone/independent and see no need in spending $150+ on a 14-cup food processor. 

The mini is perfect for making small batches of the-world-is-so-unfair-and-this-spoonful-of-chocolate-and-hazelnut-understands-me spread.

Okay, single girl rant over.

You'll Need:
5 ounces of hazelnuts, blanched and unseasoned
pinch of salt
3 ounces of unsweetened chocolate
3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
3 tablespoons honey

Roast hazelnuts (you can do this in an oven or on the stovetop - I just throw them on a pan and jiggle them around until they're nice and tan) and let them cool.

In the food processor, add the cooled hazelnuts and blend until smooth (about 5 minutes). Stop the food processor, add a pinch of salt, scrape down the sides, and then continue to blend until the mixture turns super smooth (think the look of creamy peanut butter), about two more minutes.

Meanwhile, chop the unsweetened chocolate into small pieces and add it to a microwave safe bowl along with the condensed milk and honey. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until chocolate has melted (it will take you about 1 1/2 - 2 minutes). 

Add chocolate mixture to the food processor and blend until combined (don't overdo it though, the longer you blend it, the stiffer it will get, so less is more).

This stuff will keep in the fridge for up to a month! So naturally I doubled the recipe when I made it.

I was also too busy licking my way out of a sticky and chocolatey mess to take photos so you're just going to have to take my word on this one and make it ASAP.

Or hopefully you've scored an invitation to Thanksgiving Potluck because I just decided to add this to the lineup.

*Holla at Ad Revenue! Blogger just gave me an education as far as what shamelessly promoting products can do to turn my blog into a productive way to spend hours of my day...

Comments

Popular Posts