Stormy Weather

Well, luckily the storm has passed and damage is, well, nonexistent, which is amazing.

Yerin spent the night on Sunday and decided I was completely unprepared for the storm, so she helped me tie down some things outside and I insisted on doing more important things like making her pick the last of the tomatoes in the garden.

She didn't even know how to pick tomatoes. How do you explain something as simple as picking a tomato off the vine?

I also found out Yerin doesn't know how to peel an apple, therefore making her unprepared for life, so I rejected any opinions she had on my unpreparedness for a little rain and wind.

Having given up on preparing, we went to the mall for more important things, like an awesome blue sweatshirt with a giant glittery star that I bought, and PIZZA.

Last meal. My favorite soda with a phenom Tuscano pizza from Vapiano's. Their crust is the best (from a crust hater).

After Yerin left, I started thinking maybe she had a good point. I mean, this storm could turn out to be pretty bad...

But as soon as I saw this, I knew everything was going to be alright:

:)

So, with nothing else to do, I watched the entire Fourth Season in one day. All 15 episodes. 

I didn't do much else. Well, I did try to do some baking while I was soaking up the Sons, but that can be difficult when they insist on featuring Jax's bare tush at least once every season (not complaining, just saying... it's distracting because you've always got to be on the lookout). 

I used baking soda instead of baking powder, over measured the vanilla extract... Jax's fault.

  And finally, it was Dizzle's birthday (and Susie's!) so we chatted a bit and celebrated with a birthday drink over the phone (teleconference birthday party!) since the storm left us trapped.

Things quickly went downhill after this photo was taken.

I woke up this morning and went outside and everything looked fine. The grass even looked greener than I remember and trees were upright and some still had leaves on them. We definitely lucked out!

Comments

Anonymous said…
"Tequila...you dirty dirty whore"

- JoJo

Popular Posts