My JAM

I haven't taken a bath in ages because I'm more of a shower kind of gal. 

Parce que...

1. Baths are fun for about 15 minutes, then I usually get bored so I grab a book or a magazine. Then, I get frustrated because I have to dry my hands off thoroughly every time I need to turn the page. Then, I put down the book or magazine because I'm frustrated and I get bored. Do you see the pattern developing here?

2. I always feel the need to take shower after a bath because I'm not a fan of soaking in my own filth. So, I usually skip baths and just take showers. Who's got time for soaking?

3. There's always that point of pruniness where I start to think... this can't be good for me. 

4. The water is never the perfect temperature for more than five minutes. I always err on the side of water-so-hot-I-think-I-might-pass-out and that isn't a great feeling.

But, once every 10-ish years, I've got to bust out the Mr. Bubble and get a good soak in.

And I did it like a champion.

I took a giant piece of MDF board I had laying around (as you all should have one laying around) and laid it across the tub (bathtub tabletop aka greatest idea ever) and pulled up a movie and a bowl of SweetFrog I had picked up on the way home from work.

Then, I put in far too much bath bubbly (I actually used some fancy schmancy Crabtree & Evelyn lavender scented stuff - I didn't have any Mr. Bubbs on hand. Sadface.) which was due to my lack of bath drawing experience.

But it was fine, after the bubbles calmed down a bit and the water stopped burning, I actually enjoyed it quite a bit...

... enough to stay in for all 115 minutes of Breakfast at Tiffany's.

I'm thinking I can get through a fair number of movies on my Netflix queue this way if there is enough time and SweetFrog to be had.

BATHS ARE THE BEST!

Comments

Leslie said…
I can't remember the last time I took a bath. I don't think the tub at my parents' house was deep enough to soak. And my bathroom now is only a stand-up shower. Booooo.
Joann said…
That's a shame girl! Sometimes, you just have to wing it. My tub actually was missing the plug and I was desperate enough to use packaging tape to cover the drain. Girl, desperate times.

I'm sure with enough packaging tape we could duct tape up a stand up shower. With packaging tape (or duct tape) anything is possible!!!
Kristen said…
Carolyn just said "SHE STAYED IN FOR THE WHOLE MOVIE?!" Also, you didn't mention the packaging tape earlier....props girl. Props.

Popular Posts