I Won!

Today, I basically dubbed myself the winner of this year's Thanksgiving Potluck hosting rights and then things spiraled out of control (as they usually do in my head).

You see, every year our group of friends from college gather together to spend a day eating together before Thanksgiving (you know, think of it as a practice run). It's a wonderful tradition and I don't know why we don't do it more than once a year because food is amazing and it's even better in the company of friends you haven't seen in a while!

This was taken at the very first potluck in 2006 (crazy!) in Morningside.

And last year in Richmond!

Last year, Kelly hosted and did an amazing job, so it's going to be a hard year to follow... no pressure or anything. :/

But you know how it goes, I've already assembled a list of yummies to make (and luckily, there's only so much you can make in a potluck type situation, I can't go completely off the charts).

Last year, Kelly made an absolutely fantastic turkey, so I'll be using the same recipe for Mayonnaise Roasted Turkey. Seriously. The greatest turkey ever. I actually made the recipe for actual Thanksgiving dinner last year after trying Kelly's. 

Other than that, just some of the usual stuff. I'll bust out the Sweet Potato Gnocchi, lots of dessert, and maybe that classic country stuffing.

I LOVE THANKSGIVING.

And I can't guarantee that I won't go absolutely crazy hosting this thing. I'm seeing a lot of crepe paper, cornucopias, and turkey pinatas in my future (do they make turkey pinatas?). 

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Comments

Leslie said…
OMG I AM GOING CRAZY ALREADY. I CAN'T WAIT. I'LL BE AT YOUR HOUSE AT 8AM WITH COFFEE.

Popular Posts