Beer Review By Someone With Cheap Taste For Beer

I know y'all are going to value my opinion on this one... not.

Yerin met me after work yesterday and we decided to pick up some Boddington's because I've heard good things and I decided I wanted to pretend to be an adult for once and not drink "college beer."


So here you have it, my personal review on Boddington's Pub Ale:

Aroma: smells like beer

Appearance: I can't really see past all of that foam. But I guess that's one of the selling points of this stuff?

Taste: Tastes like rubber bands.

Palate: Feels like drinking foam. No, froth. Like the froth from a glass that's been poured by an irresponsible beer pourer (again... how is this a selling point?)

Pairing: I have no idea. We paired it with a puff pastry topped with peaches and raspberries, which I feel can be appropriately paired with any sort of drink. 

X Factor: There's a small plastic ball inside that was a surprise (it keeps it foamy apparently), which was like a cracker jack prize to me, only it quickly became a losing cat and mouse game. If you're going to try this stuff, don't even waste your time trying to catch that plastic ball.  

Overall Rating: I give it a golf clap at best. For what I consider to be "fancy" beer, it's not bad. Especially when you compare it to those super hoppy or thick or super dark and soy-sauce looking/tasting varieties (I'm lookin' at you Guiness)! Would I drink an entire pint of this stuff? Never. But then again, would I drink an entire pint of anything? Probably not. 

And there you have it, a totally legitimate review of Boddington's Ale from someone who really doesn't drink, appreciate, or understand beer.

You're welcome.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I thoroughly enjoyed your latest publication with the beer review. I am interested in signing up for your newsletter on this topic. Please continue the good work.
Anonymous said…
The usual practice of the R1 cover, modified for local conditions (local M+15 rating tag, Madman insigina and a now double sided cover) with a nice large action shot of Cooler racing towards the viewer. [url=http://www.fillerobe.com]canada goose outlet[/url] Every salesperson knows better than to go to a first meeting with a potential client with his hair not combed, his tie undone, or with a hole in his pants. [url=http://www.d2now.com]where to buy vests for men in toronto[/url] Poedmadgr
[url=http://www.jacketstorontoonsale.com]winter coats for men in toronto[/url] Tzzfuzqde [url=http://www.louboutinstoreuk.co.uk]christian louboutin outlet uk[/url] mlrhgigmq [url=http://www.cheapcanadagooseparkas.ca]canada goose vest[/url]

Popular Posts