Viva Turkey!

Oy, my last day off until Monday (time is flying!) was another completely booked day off. So booked that from this morning until 11 PM, I was only home for thirty minutes (and you better believe I napped like a college Freshman in those thirty minutes). 

I had a WW meeting today and actually had to dip out to make an 8:30 dinner reservation. :| I'm sure that's an unwritten no-no, but I was meeting the Yerinator and if she's hungry, you had better be on time.

We checked out a Turkish/Mediterranean restaurant in Herndon tonight, TurCuisine. And since we had been to Istanbul, we naturally acted like we knew everything about Turkish cuisine.

When the waiter asked us if we knew what Pide (a Turkish version of pizza) was, I think I shot him this glare that was super rude and read, "Duh, can't you tell? We're practically Turkish."

I hit up the Turkish tea (holla at American-sized turkish tea glasses!) and we tried the babaganoush.

And got the mezze portions of the Adana and Tas Kebab and the manti.

I think the Tas Kebab was my fave - the cacik (that white cucumber yogurt served on the side) is yummy enough to eat by the spoonful! But no worries, since we were out in public, I acted with some self respect and sopped it up with pita instead (and maybe licked it off of my fingers, but only once or twice).

And then we got baklava...

It was good (I mean, how can baklava ever be a bad idea), but it wasn't Istanbul.

We actually left this restaurant quite unsatisfied because as soon as we stepped outside, it was Herndon, VA and not some cobblestone street in Istanbul with shop owners heckling us and random adorable stray animals coming up to us and being our best friend and no apple tea and grape-mint hookah night cap. 

Times are tough. So, we went to Target.

and this happened.

And all was right with the world.

Comments

Popular Posts