Tornado Warning?

Pfft. Like I have time for that! We're officially 16 days away from Sheppy's wedding, so I had some serious errands to run yesterday tornado warning or not!

I found a Benjamin Franklin in Leesburg that carries watercolor paper (which we wanted for those delicious raw edges), then off to Home Depot for a big piece of MDF board to use as a table, and the post office to mail Sheppy's getaway invite.

Oh, and I stopped at Costco for fries. Because they are delicious and I was getting hangry.

No worries though, I filled my shopping cart with better things: lettuce, tomatoes, raspberries, cucumbers, and tuna. Yay. More salads this week. :|

Luckily, I ran most of these errands early enough so I was home for most of the downpour. 

Then, it was time to get down to business. I busted out some of my painting supplies from way back when (I haven't opened some of these jars and bottles in four years! Yikes! Showing my age!) and got to sketching out the template for the guestbook. 

All done! Instead of having a traditional guestbook, they're having each guest sign one of the leaves.

I painted some of the leaves gold - gold leaf, if you will (bahahahahhaa)

I did an underpainting of the tree trunk and branches (you can see it in some of the branches on the left) and a wash over it to get that rich brown color.

And here's where I ended up when I threw in the towel last night. 
Not too shabby for a day's worth of work.

I'm always anxious to finish things on watercolor paper because peeling off the masking tape is my favorite part!!

Comments

Popular Posts