Last Day!

Today was my last day before my weeklong cruise to (drumroll please)... Canada. :|

Whatevs, at this point, I'm just happy to have a day off! But as far as last days of work go, today was a pretty awesome one...

I had to work at 5 this morning, powered through to get all my work done, then Jules and I took the college kids out for lunch before they scooted off to school for the fall. :/

We took them to Firebirds and sat in front of this ginormous wine wall! It was incredible!

Jules!

And since it was also Chewy's birthday yesterday, we killed two birds with one stone and Dubs whipped up a surprise cake for her while we were at lunch...

Hahaha it was pretty incredible.

Waste-y Face Barbie.

And after a solid day of work, I went home and had the greatest nap of my LIFE until it was time to peel myself out of bed to meet up with the Yerinator for dinner and ceramics...

We tried something new this time and went to Great Wall (yes, it's a WTSM grocery store...) for some true to Hong Kong style grub in the true to Hong Kong style foam to-go boxes. This place is ridiculous. So you go and they do $6 meals where you get rice and pick three sides to go with it.

Only their idea of a single side portion is Americanized.

Daaaang.
(This was just what Yerin ended up taking home after she had eaten as much as she could.)

But who can complain about a good meal for a great price (and leftovers)?

If you go, definitely try some of their roast duck, it's phenom. Yerin doesn't like duck (ridiculous), so we went with the roast pork, equally delicious, but in a porkier way.

Ceramics came and went (I didn't do much of anything in class today), then I turned over the kids to their godmommy so that she can watch them while I'm on vaycay. I'm not really sure if Yerin has much experience, but convenience and the ability to count food pellets were really the only two required skills for the job.

Gil Grissom and William Petersen road tripping!

Alright, so now that it's 2 AM and I'm officially done packing, blogging, and watering orchids, I'm going to BED! 

I made loose plans with Justinian, Case-of-Base and Pfeffer-noodle in NY tomorrow night! Can't wait to see those guys!!!!

Alright WTSM, see y'all in a week!

Comments

Leslie said…
Have fun! Can't wait to hear about Canada. I really like Canada so you can turn that frown upside down. Except it would look the same.

Also are those the same turtles from college that you had in Bushnell? I love Gil Grissom. I can't believe he loved Sarah Sidle. How lame.
K8 said…
How have I not discovered before now that you had turtles, named Gil Grissom and William Petersen no less?! And Gil and Sara were totally sweet together...
Joann said…
@Les: Yes, same turtles. They're survivors. Dude, I KNOW. Sarah Sidle annoys the crap out of me.

@K8: Dude. Gil and Sara were NOT sweet together. No one was sweet with Sara. She was so annoying!

Popular Posts