Crusin...

The next morning, we were off to board the ginormous boat that we would call home for the next five days...

Found it! (And Aunt Tina)

Boarding this beast was a different story... with some 3,500 passengers, the process took about 4 hours.

Mania was not impressed.

But we finally made it on board and bid adieu to New York!


Bye Girl Bye!

I'm hoping to get Dramamine to sponsor my life, so I will be interjecting it throughout this post (since I was on this glorious drug of miracles the entire time).

Cousins! At [DRAMAMINE] dinner on our first night.

My dinner selection on night one.
Okay, I understand that it's a challenge trying to feed a huge group of people.
All I'll [dramamine] say is that the food on this cruise was "meh."
Do you see that soggy overcooked asparagus? That's the reason why asparagus gets a bad rep.

Dessert was legit though.

This was a glorious apple-y napoleon-y caramel-y dessert.

The events on the boat were pretty much catered towards Jersey Shore guidos*, so we spent most of our time playing giant chess (WTSM), reading, napping, and Mania and I even hit up the spa for a seriously legit massage/exfoliation/facial/scalp & foot massage.

*No, I am not stereotyping. Alright, maybe I am. But it was for real. I have never seen so many guys wearing wife-beaters and fist pumping in unison to every Black Eyed Peas song that played during brunch. There was also a nightclub on board, "White Heat," that would host singles night (every. single. night.). Guest list? These guys. Who would stand out front and fist bump you in if you weren't careful.

Mania dominating in chess.

Monster calves, monster-ly relaxed.

Dinner on formal night (also Can't Go Wrong/Mania/Angie's birthday).
I look so [dramamine] Asian.

We made a stop in St. John, New Brunswick. Cute little town. Reminded me of San Francisco.

Momma Tong, Mania, and me with the only moose we saw in Canada. Boo.

Then a pit stop in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
They had a pretty legit Farmer's Market, but more to come. My little iphone was hard at work documenting the trip, so whenever I get around to editing it, I'll obvs share it with y'all on the ol' blog.

As far as trips go, this one was alright. Would I go to Halifax or St. John again? Non. 

Will I go on another cruise? Not if I can avoid it. [Dramamine]

But, all in all, it was awesome getting to spend time with family (and our Scottish Asian family friends), so that's a win!

Yerinator are setting our sights on Montreal, which is a city in Canada that I most def can't wait to see!

Comments

Leslie said…
Montreal is awesome. Do it. Do it. Do it.

Popular Posts