Supplementing

I love love LOVE me some yoga and it has been good to me, but after two days of intense classes and a long and trying day of work, I decided I would pass the Flow 2 class yesterday for something different (to mix it up a bit and to let me poor weak arms time to heal from all of that sustained plank posing - arg.).

I went to the gym after work and thirty minutes in, Yerin texts me about tennis. I leapt off of the elliptical and dashed to meet her at the bachelor pad. Somehow, talk of tennis (and ogling over her brand new Head tennis racket) led to us ditching tennis for dinner and bigger plans...

We hit up the neighborhood China King (WTSM) for some Moo Shu Pork for me and Sesame Chicken for the Yerinator.

The wonderful thing about Moo Shu (especially at China King) is all of its cabbage-y, mushroom-y, egg-y, pork-y goodness gets put into a pancake with plum sauce (kind of like Peking Duck without the duck) and on a Thursday night, if that's the closest I can get to duck, I will take it!

With our heads now kind of clearish (read: fed), we decided the tennis courts would probably be packed (as they usually are in the suburbs on a gorgeous night), so we needed to get our hands on a basketball and try a different sport. Groupthink is a wonderful thing. 

How does this always happen? I decided I needed boxing gloves, some yoga blocks too.
We got to the basketball court and realized quickly we didn't have very much skill, but with Yerin's determination and 300-style spirit, and my fuzzy memory of being on the 5th grade basketball team (GO HEAT!), we were able to get a decent workout. 

It helps to optimize your workout by kicking it up a notch. Basketball's for sissies. Basketball while 
boxing is for champions.

We did actually get down to business eventually. We ran some drills, practiced shooting, played some one-on-one. And now I've unofficially turned the trunk of my car into a gym locker. It's got a basketball, bowling ball, bowling shoes, tennis shoes, tennis balls, tennis racket, running shoes, and those obnoxious pink boxing gloves all crammed up in it. Be prepared, right?

Comments

Popular Posts