Ramadan-ing

A few of my coworkers are observing Ramadan and all of my coworkers seem to think I can't last an entire day without eating. So, today, I made a solid attempt.

The ground rules: No eating or drinking (anything, not even water) from 4:30 AM - 8:30 PM, no chewing gum, nothing.

I woke up this morning at 9ish and decided today was the day. 

Then, at 11 AM, the most beautiful croissants in the world came out of the oven...

But I said no.

Then, at 2-ish some gorgeous pies came out of the oven...

I've never wanted blueberry pies in my life before today.
But I said no.

Fasting is especially tough when you have to be at work. Yes, surrounded by doughnuts and cupcakes and bread is rough, but baking is hard work! 

I finally caved around 4 for some water. A LOT of water.

Then, one thing led to another, and well, you know, Kaitlin and I went halfsies on some subs.

Quitting has never tasted so good.

So, for the record, I lasted until 4:30, four hours shy of the finish... but you know, it was a solid attempt.

Comments

Susan said…
I think the trick is waking up prior to sunrise and eating ALOT.
Kaitlin said…
Sharing is caring!

Popular Posts